Sometimes a fancy drink is all you need... in my case, that means a fancy probiotic mocktail, and this is one of my favorites!
This specific drink was born of necessity. I was teaching a water kefir class in Hong Kong, and the coconut water kefir was perfect that morning, then went a tiny bit too fermented right before the class (that happens easily in hot Hong Kong!). The entire class tasted the 'too fermented' coconut water kefir, then I made it into a Kefir-Colada, and everyone loved the results!
It is really important to understand that there is always something you can do with kefir or kombucha that has gone 'too' fermented or 'too' sour - you can dilute it, put it in a smoothie, make a mocktail and more - be creative!
- 2 cups of sliced pineapple
- 2 cups of coconut water kefir (or water kefir)
- 15 fresh mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- Optional: add some lychees or raspberries or ginger or anything else you fancy!
- Put the pineapple and coconut/water kefir in your blender
- Blend until smooth
- Add the mint
- Blend for just a second until specks of mint are showing throughout the drink
Pour into your fanciest cocktail glasses and enjoy with your family and friends - perfectly find for the little ones too, since there is no alcohol!
Coconut or water Kefir 'too' fermented - then this is the perfect way to use it!
Leftovers - make probiotic ice pops for the kiddies to enjoy on a hot summer day.
Kefir Class Notes
Coconut Water Kefir
Probiotic Ice Pops
LoulaNatural's Alcoholic Kefir Kolada