We are here in Niseko, and with full days skiing, I love a hot drink at night and often need some extra energy too. All the restaurants on the slopes offer hot chocolate, but it is much too sweet for me, and I don't like all the milk. Coconut Milk Hot Cacao is a great alternative!
Most of the time in the evening, I just have a Yogi Bedtime Tea, which really relaxes me. But here in Niseko, Japan;
with fluffy powder snow outside;
a day of skiing having both exhausted and exhilarated me;
my favorite drink is Coconut Milk Hot Cacao.
This would also be an excellent hot morning drink, or something to fill in your flask if you are out all day in the back country.
- 1 Can of full fat coconut milk**
- 1 Tablespoon of raw cacao
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a small pot on the stove
- Mix viciously with a whist or fork
- Heat gently until warm, but not boiling, some small bubbles okay
- Fill two small mugs with warm energy boosting goodness and enjoy
- My friend had to add a bit more coconut sugar to hers - so add more to taste if needed
This is a lovely thick smooth drink, which hits the spot after a full day on the slopes!
** In snowy Niseko on the island of Hokkaido, fresh coconut are not to be found, but M Pocket in Kutchan has cans of full fat coconut milk!