What kids don't love ice pops? Especially on a hot summer day in Hong Kong, these are a go-to snack!
I have always made homemade ice pops for my kids, usually with fruit. Watermelon and chia seeds is the all time favorite, with coconut water and mango coming in a close second.
Now our ice pops have an extra probiotic boost from kefir!
- 2 cups of cut watermelon and strawberries or other fruit
- 1 cup of water kefir or milk kefir
- a handful of blueberries
- Put the fruit and water kefir or milk kefir in your blender
- Blend for 1 minute or until all the fruit is blended
- Pour into your ice pop molds
- Add a few blueberries to 'float' in the ice pops - my kids love the 'blueberry surprise' when they eat them!
- Water kefir + watermelon + chia seeds
- Water kefir + watermelon + strawberries + chia seeds
- Water kefir + berries + chia seeds
- Milk kefir + mango
- Milk kefir + strawberry
- Coconut water kefir + mango
- Lemon water kefir + pineapple
- Coconut yogurt + mango
- Kefir Colada Pops
How to make Kefir - http://www.lantaumama.com/blog/kefir-the-probiotic-elixir-class-notes
Below are the exact ice pop molds we use. We even bring them on holiday with us so we can have ice pops everywhere we go!
Silicon Ice Pop Molds - these fit great in the freezer, and are good for ages 7 and up
Rocket Ice Pop Molds - these are easy to fill, and are larger so good for ages 5 and up
Star/Flower Ice Pop Molds - these are easy to fill, and are larger so good for ages 5 and up
Ring Pop Molds - perfect size for younger kids - or bigger kids whom are not so hungry
Click on the photo below to be brought to the appropriate Amazon page. If you buy from that link, I get a tiny tiny commission (pennies), and it doesn't cost you anything extra :)