These are easy to make, and the kids love helping with the mixing and cookie cutter usage! I created the recipe based on what was on the Bob's Red Mill Scottish Oatmeal bag, but wanted to make it healthier and gluten free*.
- 1 1/2 Cups gluten free Scottish oats
- 1/2 Cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1/4 Cup smashed freeze dried blueberries
- 1/8 Cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 (slightly less than) Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 160 C / 325 F
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl
- Mix wet ingredients in a glass measuring cup
- Mix dry and wet together
- Use coconut flour or other GF flour on the rolling pin and board, then put down one sheet of parchment/waxed paper, then put the dough on, then put another sheet of parchment/waxed paper on top, then roll to about ¼ inch or more – try to make them even.
- Use cookie cutters to make any shapes you like
Bake at 160 C / 325 F for about 25 minutes – every oven varies so check from about 18 – 30 minutes to figure out when they are done!
Let them cool on a rack, then enjoy plain or with sweet or savory toppings.
* Oatmeal is not always gluten free due to potential cross contamination, please check the labels and rely upon your own health guidelines regarding this recipe