I love adding kale to my green smoothies in the morning. The most convenient way to do this is by making these super easy frozen kale 'muffins'.
Where I live in Hong Kong, kale is not readily available, so I tend to buy a 2 week supply at a time. Kale is so very big and fluffy it takes up an entire shelf of the fridge. These Frozen Kale Muffins are the solution!
- Take the kale leaves off of the hard stems
- Soak in a water with some vinegar or kombucha, rinse well
- Blend in small portions in a high power blender like a Vitamix or food processor
- When blending, you will probably have to mash it down and scrape the sides at least once, a bit of water (or water kefir!) can help if needed
- Pour into silicon muffin containers (see photo)
- Pop them out into a zip lock bag in the freezer - label and date the bag
Now you know how to make a 2 week supply of 'frozen kale muffins' for your green smoothies!
Of course, I also love to have fresh kale salads, kale chips, kale pesto and more.
You can buy kale in HK at the following locations:
Green Queen's Guide to Kale in Hong Kong
Green Vitamin (It's organic, grown in HK and they have kale chips too!)
Just Green with locations around HK
Spice Box Organics in Sai Ying Pun
Great Supermarket in Pacific Place
Corner Block on Stanley Street in Central
Culture Organic Foods online shop
Eat Fresh has kale sometimes