We are so very excited to become regulars, not only because the owner is a good friend, but because it is perfect for us! I am putting this under Family Fun, because this restaurant is all about Family as well as Food - that makes it a win-win for everyone in my book.
The ability to order freely and not worry that the kids are eating junk, the option to order healthy deserts, the chance to share a gluten and wheat free pizza with the whole family... yeah!
- Healthy food
- 100% Gluten free
- No refined sugars
- Totally healthy, safe, top of the line ingredients only
- Vegan, vegetarian, fish and meat options
- Playroom, the largest in any HK restaurant
- Space for classes for kids and adults
- Ability to rent for parties, order special cakes, etc...
- Best best gluten free breads in Asia (seriously)
They recently opened with a soft launch and here are some fun highlights:
- Kids can pick out their own fruit to be juiced
- The playroom has little windows to spy on your kids
- The muffins have been declared 'the best ever' by many
- The green monster smoothie is a huge hit
- I loved the green juice (with added ginger) too
- Bread #8, lemon poppyseed is our family favorite - great texture!
- The blueberry muffins are incredible
- The brioche was out of this world, a bit sweet, but wow
- They are taking orders for custom birthday cakes, cupcakes, breads and baked goods.
UPDATE: I brought home a slice of carrot cake, and two days later decided to try one bite... it was gone in 2 minutes! It was incredible. And it was breakfast - yup, I had cake for breakfast!
Because we know the owner, we had been privy to little secrets for months before it opened... she would send me tantalizing photos of the foods they were testing for the menus, the breads that both passed and failed the stringent taste tests, and the menu items.
Ifat created Choice Cooperative for totally selfish reasons - she wanted a place for her family to be able to eat and not have to worry about their own food limitations, or unhealthy foods being presented to their children. All of her experiences and passions contribute to the design and feel of Choice Cooperative.
Ifat is a perfectionist, she is an Israeli who grew up in Hong Kong, has experience running F&B venues, event management and as a photographer - she has a passion for detail and perfection.
The Choice Cooperative team has been redefining the kitchen - they are on to some winning combination. In addition, loads of support and advice on the menu has come from naturopath and nutritionist Louise Kane Buckley of Loula Natural.
Choice Cooperative isn't just about Ifat though, they have been gathering some of the best healthy living practitioners in Hong Kong as 'ambassadors' to consult, hold seminars, and be part of the healthy living cooperative which is Choice.
Find Choice Cooperative in Aberdeen on Hong Kong Island, it is open now! You will love it and you might see us there.
7/F BT Centre 23 Wong Chuk Hang Road,
Aberdeen, Hong Kong Island
+852 2677 7808
Chinese-English Gluten-Free Dining Guide / 中英對照麩質不耐症飲食禁忌表
Green Queen - Healthy Dining in Hong Kong
Urban Health - Gluten Free Map of Hong Kong
Sassy Mama - 2012 Gluten Free Guide to Hong Kong