I make this Raw Zucchini Hummus in my Vitamix - really good, the kids love it and so do my hubby and our friends.
It is very light, not that heavy feeling of other dips... I often add fresh parsley, so it comes out a lovely light green.
Tastes great with cut veggies, or with raw or salt free chips. According to one friend, it also tastes great when you get the last bits out with your fingers, then lick them clean!
- 2 peeled and cut into ¼ pieces raw zucchini (just worked better in Vitamix that way)
- ¼ Cup tahini (or sesame seeds)
- just under ¼ Cup lemon juice
- 1/8 Cup olive oil
- 2 (or 3) Cloves peeled garlic
- 3 Tablespoons of pine nuts (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Himalayan pink salt
- very small handful of fresh parsley
Combine all ingredients in Vitamix or other high power blender and puree until thick and smooth. I have not tried to make this in a regular blender, but it should work in one or a food processor, maybe just a bit less smooth.
Credits: Inspired by